I was working on my post about Guy and Kilowog for Sally when I got distracted by something else I have very fond recollections of.
The Adam West Batman tv show. :-)
I loved that show as a kid. I'd watch practically religiously. I'd stare intently at the credits trying to will Yvonne Craig's name up there, so that it'd be a Batgirl episode. I was also happy if it were a Catwoman episode. I was particularly fond of the Julie Newmar Catwoman for some odd reason, though I liked them all. (Nowadays, I favor Eartha Kitt. No one is as awesome as Eartha Kitt. NO ONE!)
I always loved the sets for that show. The commissioner's office with that phone. (I loved that phone. I love the Bat Signal too, naturally, but I liked that they had other ways to communicate with Batman. In case of bad weather. Or, you know, daylight.)
And the Batpoles! I love the Batpoles! They were so cool!
And Batgirl had a wig! I always thought that was impossibly clever! Who'd ever suspect the masked long-haired redhead to be the girl with the short brown hair! (Why don't more superheroines wear wigs? Even Black Canary traded hers in for hair dye. It's a much less effective disguise!)
And for years I thought that Star Trek episode where the bad guy turned Chekov and Ensign Cannon Fodder into cubes by taking out all their water was a bad ripoff of that one movie.
I need to watch that movie again. It's been years, I'm ashamed to admit.
When I was seven, I'd get in arguments with the neighbor boys, none of us being comics readers at the time, whether Batman's costume was blue (like the tv show) or black (like the movie). Now that I've read comics and seen that the 1990s version did indeed appear to be more blue-ish, I'm retroactively gloating. Take that, Bobby and Eric!
I think a part of why the show was so fun because everyone involved seemed to be having such a blast, villains and heroes. And there was punching. Punching and kicking. Yay.
Oddly, I never got around to seeing the Green Hornet. Which is funny as my mother apparently loved it. Every time I start babbling about Green Lanterns, she asks me about Kato. Every time. It's entertaining. (And much less traumatizing than that time she was reading over my shoulder and complimented the size of Hal Jordan's package. I've still not gotten over that, MOM...)
I'm sure I'll like it. I like pretty much every cheesy comic-related tv show. Except Smallville, no idea why.
Clearly I must go a video-renting!
((And I promise to post the Guy-Kilowog thing soon!. As well as that review I owe you. I promise!))

0 Yorumlar