Say wha??
Some people set a schedule for themselves, just to get something written. The idea sounds good on paper, doesn't it? Maybe an hour a day, or every other day, that you know you will get writing done, no matter what? How feasible is this? How many times do we think we have a free hour, sit down to write, and are pulled away by this, that or the other (darn them!)?
I look at my own life schedule... and it's different every day. And a lot of it depends on when I get up in the morning. Sometimes I'm able to get off work at 2, some days I don't get off until 4, some days I have piano lessons, some days a friend might call up wanting to meet for dinner, some nights I just really want to watch Lost or Ugly Betty (or The Vampire Diaries), some nights I just really want to read, some nights I have errands to run, meals to cook, a house to clean, and EVERY day my dogs pester pester pester "take me outside", "put water in our bowl", "FEED US!"... And those are just two dogs (and yes, I love them dearly). How do those of you with children manage?!
If I really sat down and made myself a writing schedule, would it work? Would I stick to it? Is it really so wrong to "write when you feel like it"?
What's your take? Do any of you schedule in your writing? Are any of you thinking about it?
"You might write crap, but you can edit crap. You can't edit a blank page." - Kelly L. Stone

0 Yorumlar