Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Stop Off At Kanturk Castle.









We had a ride out in County  Cork yesterday.  Cork is the biggest county in Ireland.  We stopped off at the ruined Kanturk Castle.  It's  no roof and really a fortified house.  It's still very nice though!

There's even holes in the walls to place your gun inside and persuade unwanted visitors that you want: "no milk today please".  Perhaps I could make one to hold a water pistol to  shoot water at canvassers and Jehovah's  Witnesses?  One  consolation of the lockdown they haven't visited for months.  Saying that I do let them in and we talk about God and Jesus coming back in 1914?  I know but you have got to have some visitors haven't  you?

Any way I was very impressed with the stonemasonary and dove tailed buttresses of the castle.  I wonder how many Barratt houses will still be standing in four hundred years?

Would the Irish Tourist Board gis a job?  I have just turned into Yosser Hughes!  They could pay me in pints of the black stuff, red lemonade, Tayto crisps,  briquettes even?

More ramblings tomorrow!






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar