(I'm in a mood)
Gabourey Sidibe

Why is she awesome, you ask? Well, aside from acting the shit out of Precious, she's adorable. We're talking she-smiles-the-world-smiles kind of bubbly. Not the obnoxious 15-year-old cheerleader cheer, nope. She's going to be in The C Word, which, yeah, is a TV show, but fuck you, I'm glad she won't fall into obscurity like so many young actresses before her. Plus, she hosted SNL on one of its better days.
Christoph Waltz

Okay, I should put a disclaimer here, I do not count movies unreleased in the US and/or on TV, because I'm close-minded like that, duh. So, despite having an illustrious history in German television, hardly any of which I can scrounge from the extremely unhelpful Youtube, before Inglorious Basterds, he was known to American audiences as a bit part in Ordinary Decent Criminal. Now, he's got a bunch of dreaded typecast-sounding villain roles in The Green Hornet and Water for Elephants (he was also going to be in 'The Talking Cure' (as Sigmund Freud)(by the way, that would make an awesome band name) as a reunion with fellow Basterd Michael Fassbender (The Fass), but was axed for Viggo Mortenson, and the project was given the sexier title 'A Dangerous Method', so shit happens, but fuck, how awesome would that've been!?!), he shall always be known to I, your narrator, as Col. Hans Landa, so enthusiastic was he to learn the phrase 'bingo'. Also, he has a bow tie. Your move, Brad Pitt. Try and beat that noise.
Sharlto Copley

He's South African, people. A new accent I can fawn over. Anyways, we first met him (feature-length, anyway) as Wikus, the dumbass-turned-spacebug-turned-badass protagonist of District 9. Now, he's getting around as Murdock, the scientifically-proven best member of the A-Team, in the movie adaption of the same name. And, I tell you, he is the very best part of it. He's batshit insane in ways you've yet to see in our humble cinemas, the kind where he (character) switches accents to make something funnier, and spins around Helicopter propellers singing hip-hop songs, and lights Bradley Cooper's arm on fire. And really, is that not the American dream?

0 Yorumlar