Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Batch Cooking

 I had a quiet day to myself yesterday so I thought I would take the opportunity to get some batch cooking done for next months menu plan.  I had already done a rough plan last week so I could make the dishes I needed rather than just random ones.

The cost of the ingredients amounted to £15.77 approx and that gave me 28 good portions (14 meals), I could have stretched the meat further by adding more veggie or lentils but I was happy with the costings and even taking into consideration the salads and veggies I need to add to each meal, I should still average a £1 per head.



The dishes and portions are Lasagne 8 portions will serve with Salad and garlic bread/coleslaw, Beef Ragu 4 portions these are the same meat sauce, the ragu will be served with Pasta twists and grated parmigiano - Chilli with Red Beans  6 portions will serve with fluffy white rice.- Mince & Onion in gravy 6 portions,  will be served with mash & veggies - Mince & Onion pies 4 portions served with veggies.

Everything has been labelled up and added to the freezer to join the pork dishes I made last week. I have bought 2 large Chickens and some Chicken Breasts and a large Beef joint  which I will cook for  Sunday Lunches and enough leftover for sandwiches.  I need to make pizza, quiche and some fishcakes then we will have enough meals for the whole month of May and some leftover for the beginning of June

. Phew!! To think I'm actually organised for the whole month!! It's a long time since I planned this far in advance.  That should leave time for crafting and caravanning :-)


Have you batch cooked to save time or planned what you will eat for a whole month?

What are your favourite recipes for batch cooking?

Thank you for popping by

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar