Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Keeping Up with a New Year

I had planned to be back sooner, but getting back in the groove with Tucker and numerous of appointments have thrown me off my game this week. I wanted to make sure I touched on the most important things and not start 2020 off feeling like a failure meant the blog and even reading them took a back seat.

Let's catch up --- ok?

The first few days of the week were so pretty and Tucker and I got out for some stroller rides, but mostly I feel like we have run errands and the like.

We took our snippers and snitched a camellia or two from down the street. I don't think they would mind or trust me I wouldn't have done it. Ours are not yet blooming. Buds everywhere, so I can't wait.


I just love a little outside indoors.


In between all the errand running I have stayed on schedule for cleaning. I have even cleaned out a few cabinets. I know for sure that getting a house BACK in ORDER after a time when it got out of order just takes time. I finally feel after 5 years of diligent work I am more in a routine and things behind the doors look so better.

I have gone a full week and my desk is still tidy. Now this is as tidy as it ever gets. There is just always stuff to deal with even if you try and do it right away.

Right underneath my computer is my clipboard where I keep up with bills paid. I do a full year checklist old school with a chart drawn on notebook paper. If I don't pay a bill instantly, it goes on top of the clipboard where nothing else goes EVER and rarely stays there for more than a few hours. I will go back to that!


The box to the left is a little important paper filing system and it seems I always have some papers I need to attend to in a stack next to it. I am trying to go more digital even though I am a paper and pencil trail follower. I have an extra cloud system... one digital and one hard drive that I am trying to move some photos and the like to. Double back up...NOW TO USE IT!

I also have kept my working counter cleaned off all week too. WooHoo!!!

I read my Bible here as well as any sewing or crafting. I have some craft boxes to house things in until I am ready to work. I fold clothes here from the laundry. HOWEVER, because I am a stacker and this is a flat surface I have to resist the urge to just lay things down that I don't want to deal with. THIS IS THE YEAR TO STOP IT!!!
2020 do you hear me? I am going to do better at not stacking!

I did pop in at the grocery store and ads some white roses to the camellia leaves later in the week.



Roses make me happy happy happy!


I also mentioned that I needed to go see about Mother more, so we are visiting her more during the week. We stopped by Chick Fila after hair appointments for both of us and then brought it back to her house to eat.

Could he be any cuter?

Star of the show!
I have been reading or stitching in the evenings. I will share the sampler for now and then share Tucker's name in another post. I am alternating between the two. 




The sampler is so pretty in person.

I have about two more flowers to do and then it will be time to add the family registry part in it.

I also found time to bake some banana bread this week and am about to shut this down and go back a cake for a friend whose birthday is tomorrow. 

Made from the old red checked Betty Crocker and was quite tasty!


Take care and I hope to be back sooner than later.
Sandy

Oh and a better view of the mockingbird. Better lighting.






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar