Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Christmas Cake

 Finally, I found someone to push my wheelchair into the endocrinologist and managed to get an appointment today. Amazingly, the guy who was going to clean is an EMT or was. At any rate, he is going to charge me about $30 to push me in and push me out. I need no help to get in or out of the chair. It is a lot of money, but I need this appointment. 

I called on Wednesday to get the appointment, knowing I had to get in to see the doctor. Then, I called to cancel and told her the reason. THEN, I told her my problem about needing a pusher. She said she would give the message to the guy who was coming to clean, that he would be free if not cleaning for me. So, he agreed. 

Now, the get the wheelchair to car and into car. Thankfully, Tommy is really strong and can lift it. Okay, I am back after paying someone $30 to push me up to doctor's office, wait, and push me back to the car. He took wheelchair out of car and put it back, assembled and disassembled the foot rests. I desperately needed this appointment.

Wednesday, I took three packages of meat from the freezer to thaw. At dinner I managed to thaw the chicken breasts enough to throw the whole slab in a cooking bag and bake it. And, I thawed carrots. Tommy had the rest of the peas. Chicken, carrots, and peas sounds like a tv dinner...lol.

The whole chicken will go into the crockpot and I will cook in a skillet the ground pork and use half of it for taco casserole and freeze the other half of the cooked meat for another casserole later. I will probably freeze half of the casserole. 

About forty years ago, I made my first chocolate pound cake in a Bundt pan and loved it. My father requested I bring it to Memphis every Christmas. He liked it because it had no icing! 

For over ten years I attended all holidays at parties in Birmingham year round. On each occasion I made a chocolate pound cake. At one open house the person who was having an event the next day asked me if she could keep the pound cake and slice it. So, she took it home. At the same occasion another person asked me to bring one to his party. 

Finally, I baked the chocolate pound cake in three loaf pans. One loaf was perfect for each occasion. Last year was the first year in over forty years I did not bake a chocolate pound cake. I am still trying to find the recipe online. I have baked hundreds of pound cakes over the years. 

Chocolate Pound Cake is my Christmas cake. 

Do you have a cake that is your special Christmas cake that you bake? Or, did your mother bake something special for Christmas.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar