Hello my friends,
hope you are having a wonderful week.
It is a bit toasty here, but after all; it's summer!
 
Years ago I was driving along a back road in Spanish Fork, Utah with a friend.
That's when I first caught sight of 'Old Blue'.
 
This is not an original picture.  That was long before the days of 'blogging' and cell phones. It did not enter my mind to take a photo of her.
 
 
She was parked outside of an antique shop.  I inquired as to whether or not she was for sale and how much?
Even though they were using her as their display they decided they would part with her for $15.
Needless to say, 'Old Blue' came home with me.
 
She was faded and had seen better days so I decided to cheer her up with a new paint color of sunny yellow.
 
Again, I didn't take a photo of her, but this is one my neighbor took and gave to me.  It was when she was getting a little faded and ready for another makeover.
 
 
 
I refreshed her with a turquoise color and then last year I decided to paint her white and plant her red, white, and blue.
 
She seemed happy enough and proud to be an American!  : )
 


About a month ago I decided that 'Old Blue' was longing to be blue again.
 
 
After giving her a fresh coat of paint I lined her baskets with moss and planted her in pink, white, and purple.
 
 
 
 
She's struggling just a little in our 100 degree weather, but I gave her a shot of fertilizer today and hopefully that will do the trick.
 
I also added a hat to shade her from the heat.  lol!
 
"Old Blue" is parked just inside our East gate and loves it when company comes to visit!
 
 
I'm sure she misses the days when children squealed with delight as they pedaled down the road riding her.
 
Still,
 
I do believe she's happy to be 'Old Blue' again!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties: