Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Today's the day

In 1963, John F. Kennedy was President. People were listening to the Beach Boys' "Surfin' USA" on their transistor radios. Labor Day fell on Monday, September 2--a Labor Day that raised the hopes of a young mom in Memphis, Tennessee, whose second baby had been due at the end of August. Labor Day came and went with no labor for her. Finally, on Thursday, September 5, she had a red-headed baby girl.

Me.

I've learned something this birthday. Your family and dear friends may do really sweet things to celebrate your birthday. . . but they probably won't put candles on your cake. Too much danger of setting off the smoke detectors. Something else I've learned? 47 sneaks up on you awfully fast. How on earth did I get to be middle-aged? I wasn't really planning to be middle-aged, you know?

But since it's my birthday, I thought I'd share a few photos that my husband has taken in the past few weeks.

at the beach with my big sunglasses

at the beach with my killer hat

at home with Snickers and Cocoa

So that's what 47 looks like.

And since it's my birthday and I'm Queen for the Day and all that, I'm going to ask you to do something for me. If you're reading this post, will you please leave me a comment? Even if you've never commented before, I'd love to hear from you. I'd love to know who's reading! Leave me a comment and tell me how old YOU are. Please? Pretty please?

(If you're reading this in an email or a reader, just click on the title of the post to go to my blog page, then click on "Comments" at the bottom of the post. This will take you to the comment form. You don't have to register or have a Google account or anything to comment--you can even post as "Anonymous" if you'd like.)

Thank you! And Happy Day to you--whatever you're celebrating!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar