Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Drapes and Flounces

More shades of grey to share with you today. I have been helping out looking after a few of my friends children a couple of times this holiday and it has thrown up a surprising amount of sewing time - the girls are all busy entertaining each other and I am surplus to requirements except when snacks and drinks are called for.

I started to make a top called 'drapes and flounces' however, I didn't think the sleeves were that practical so I made them straight without the flounces. I loved the finish on the back of the neck with some under stitching on the facing.



I loved the soft finish of the set in sleeves.


But wait, I did not like the drape collar part. Something has gone wrong here.


I took the children to a new play barn to try and remedy the situation. Unpicking while I was out drinking cappuccino seemed a whole lot better than trying at home.


I returned and tried again with new collar pieces that were a bit bigger to give the drape implied in the title, but to no avail. I cut my third lot of collars and made this instead.


Which, when my own ample bosoms are present, sits really well. My dress form, Clara, is a bit flat chested so it looks a little slack here.


My new boots arrived yesterday, more on the skirt another time but I would say that is an outfit. Wouldn't you? If I wore mustard tights would I look like a chicken? and Do you think I need to topstitch around the collar? All advice welcome.


So in summary, no drapes and no flounces!

Jo xxxxxx




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar