Is It My Time?
Sold, produced or cut down every second some where in the world...
150 trees cut down 9 computers sold
168 tones of food produced
27 mobiles sold
1.6 cars produced
3.5 bikes produced
Written, created or printed every second...
19 blogs created
17 books published every hour in the US alone
1 new book published somewhere in the world every 30 seconds
And somewhere out there in the cosmos...
200 stars are born somewhere out there beyond the moon
4.2 babies are born
1.7 deaths
Just Statistics. Meaningless... unless it was your blog, your book, your baby or your life.
It helps me to put things in perspective. Somewhere around this world there is husband who lost his wife. Somewhere there is unbelievable suffering. And somewhere joy just bloomed. A new mother holds her infant, a scientist discovered a new star, a writer just became an author...
Time and seasons ebb and flow, even sadness and joy. Some day maybe I will understand the meaning behind it all. But right now I am content to know that I am where I should be, doing what I should be doing... simply because this is where I am and this is who I am.
Perhaps I believe my time will come?
What about you? A book every thirty seconds... that's a lot of smiling writers!
(stats taken from http://smas.studiludens.com/ http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/2557-print.shtml http://www.BIGS.org )

0 Yorumlar